Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I love casseroles!

Casseroles are wonderful. You can easily add/subtract ingredients on a whim without ruining the whole dish, and best of all, you can make it during a quiet, less eventful time of your day and have it ready to throw in the oven during the crazy afternoon hours. THIS is one of my favorite casseroles. I only make part of it early on in the day, and add the rest right before cooking. Still...a lot of time and stress is saved.

A friend brought this to us after one of the babies was born, and I don't know what it is officially called. I have named it "Dawn's Chicken Casserole," because that's who made it for us. And so, without further ado, ...

-------------------------------------------

Dawn's Chicken Casserole

Ingredients:
4 large chicken breasts, boiled
16 oz. sour cream (yes, you read that correctly...probably why this is so yummy :) )
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 package Chicken-flavored Stuffing Mix (I like Kraft's Stove Top)

Instructions:
1. Cut up chicken and place in greased casserole dish.
2. Mix sour cream and soup in a bowl and fold into chicken.
3. Prepare stuffing according to package directions.
4. Press stuffing lightly onto chicken mixture.
5. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes or until stuffing looks a little brown and crispy.

-----------------------------------

Dawn brought us a bag of steamed corn and some simple pre-made rolls from the grocery store bakery, and it ended up being one of those meals I felt like I could mix up together in a bowl and eat just like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment