Thursday, October 6, 2011

Going out on a limb

We often have random things around that I know won't get eaten by the expiration date, but that I hate to just toss. This week, it's half a big link (is that what you call it?) of summer sausage and 2 random green peppers my husband brought home from work. I still haven't asked him where in the world those peppers came from! I'm assuming they're from a patient's garden or something. Anyway, when the random-ingredient issue hits, I surrender to Allrecipes.com. Here's what it came up with for us:

Letcho

Ingredients

  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 onions, sliced
  • 2 green or red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
  • 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 teaspoons mild paprika, or to taste
  • 4 tomatoes, chopped
  • 9 ounces hot pepperoni sticks or summer sausage, sliced

Directions

  1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and green peppers; cook and stir until soft. Season with salt, pepper and paprika. Put in tomatoes, cover and simmer for about 5 minutes.
  2. In a separate skillet, fry the pepperoni or sausage until browned. Mix into the pan with the tomatoes. Cover and simmer for 5 more minutes. Serve over hot cooked rice.


Now, I can just about guarantee my kids won't eat this, but it should be a fun change for the 2 adults in this house who eat kid-friendly food almost every single night of every single day of every single month of........

Here's to a nice dinner for me and the hubs (and an extra pizza night for the boys!)

No comments:

Post a Comment