Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Another meal without a recipe

After all, meals without recipes are some of my favorite!! ;) The downside to most of my "meals without recipes" is that they are usually quite unhealthy. Take this one for instance...

Biscuits with Sausage Gravy, Scrambled Eggs, and Smoothies!

For the biscuits, I used Pillsbury refrigerated southern style biscuits. Put them on the pan, bake for 13 minutes, done.

For the gravy, I used Pioneer Brand's Country sausage flavor gravy mix. It's with all of the soup packages in an envelope. All you have to add is water. Hold on, I'm not done with the unhealthy stuff yet...

I added Jimmy Dean refrigerated sausage crumbles to the gravy. They come in a package, cooked for you, and ready to be re-heated. Awesome.

So I put the biscuits in the oven, made the gravy, re-heated the sausage and mixed it up in the gravy, scrambled the eggs, and made smoothies with (yes, packaged) Jamba smoothie frozen fruits and apple juice. Then, I put it all on the table with jelly, honey, and butter for self-serving...and while the boys doused their biscuits in honey, I enjoyed a nice, hot biscuit with sausage gravy, yummy scrambled eggs, and a scrumptious smoothie to top it all off.

No comments:

Post a Comment