Thursday, July 28, 2011

Chipotle Chicken Burritos

As I was planning meals and making my grocery list recently, I was trying to think of meals I make that don't require pulling out a recipe card. I'm not talking about recipes I have memorized, I'm talking straight from my head, thrown together meals I have made that turned out well. For example, chicken burritos. We LOVE Chipotle, and while we have recently made the switch from burritos to the burrito bowl, I still like to make burritos at home and pretend we're eating at this beloved restaurant :)

I experimented a little bit with different chicken and toppings, and this eventually came to my rescue. Yep, pre-packaged, pre-seasoned, fully cooked chicken. STOP! Don't look at the ingredient list or nutrition content...I haven't either, and I'm still sitting here typing this, so at least you know you won't die.

The best part (in my opinion) about burritos for dinner? No need for a side dish!!
------------------------------------------------

Chipotle Chicken Burritos

Ingredients:
flour tortillas, burrito-sized
John Soules Foods' Chicken Fajitas chicken strips (whatever size bag you need)
sour cream
canned black beans
shredded cheese, I like the "Mexican" bag or Monterrey Jack and Colby cheeses
rice (again, I go for easy, so I do 90 second rice in a bag...chicken flavored seems to taste the best on these burritos, the Garden vegetable has worked well, too)
canned sweet corn
Anything else you want: diced tomatoes, guacamole, etc...

Instructions:
(I like mine layered differently than Chipotle, but all of this is obviously your own preference)
1. Heat tortillas in microwave or however you prefer
2. Spread sour cream over tortilla
3. Throw chicken, black beans, corn, and cheese on top.
4. Roll it up ever so carefully and EAT! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment