Saturday, July 16, 2011

Easy Chicken Pot Pie

So many recipes have "Easy" in the title...and then they're hard for me.

And then there are "30 minute meals" that take me an hour by the time it's all said and done.

I named this blog "Not a cook at heart" for a reason. When I come across meals and recipes that I can do myself without having to look up the meaning of words, I want to share with my friends who might be in the same predicament I am in.

I thought this recipe was one that I would be able to make with my eyes closed. I had made it numerous times, although it had been awhile. Well, I messed it up. And do you know what's worse than messing up a meal? Making an extra dish of something so you can freeze it for a later date...and then messing that one up, too. Frustration, stress...I am not a cook.

Hopefully, the steps I switched around and the spraying of the pan ("in an ungreased 9" pie pan...") won't mess up our dinner too much (and that of the pie in the freezer.) At least my family knows I'm trying :)

----------------------------------------------

Easy Chicken Pot Pie

Ingredients:
bag of frozen mixed vegetables THAWED (use as much as you would like)
1 cup cut-up cooked (boiled is best) chicken
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup
1 cup Bisquick baking mix
1/2 cup milk
1 egg

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix vegetables, chicken, and soup in ungreased 9" pie pan.
3. Stir remaining ingredients with a fork until blended.
4. Pour into pie plate (on top of other ingredients.) Don't stir.
5. Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown.

EASY...as long as you follow directions ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment