Friday, July 15, 2011

Pizza Quiche

I kept putting this dinner off, because the word "quiche" makes me gag. Little mini spinach quiches at brunches and baby showers? I can handle those...but something about hearing "quiche for dinner!!" doesn't sound appetizing to me. Nevertheless, I made it and we liked it.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Pizza Quiche

Ingredients:
1/2 # sausage (I used the pre-cooked/pre-crumbled sausage in a bag instead)
2 refrigerated pie crusts (not frozen)
3 eggs
1 c ricotta cheese
2 t Italian seasoning
1 c shredded mozzarella
3 1/2 oz. pkg. pepperoni, chopped (I used mini pepperonis instead)
1/2 c grated parmesan cheese
1 jar pizza sauce

Instructions:
1. (Brown and crumble sausage unless you bought the pre-cooked bag.)
2. Line 9" pie plate with first crust.
3. In bowl, beat together eggs, ricotta cheese, and Italian seasoning.
4. Stir in sausage, pepperoni, mozzarella, and Parmesan.
5. Spoon into pie crust.
6. Top with second crust, pressing down the edges.
7. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
8. Serve with warm pizza sauce over individual slices.


No comments:

Post a Comment