Saturday, September 17, 2011

Cinnamon Rolls for dinner...no one complained :)

I don't know if cinnamon rolls are actually difficult to make from scratch or not, but I can tell you that this recipe below is VERY easy. I don't like nuts on almost anything, so I left those off (probably another reason my kids didn't complain about dinner....bread, sugar, cinnamon. I mean, it was basically like a dessert on your dinner plate as the main course.)

The Meal:
Pull-Apart Sticky Buns
Bacon
Eggs
*(Smoothies)
Blueberries and Grapes

*We almost always have smoothies whenever we have breakfast for dinner, but I totally forgot about them. PLUS, tomorrow is grocery day for me this week, and we needed to finish off the grapes and blueberries from the produce drawer...so it all worked out :)
-------------------------------------------

Pull-Apart Sticky Buns

Ingredients:
1/4 c chopped pecans
1/2 c sugar
1 t ground cinnamon
1 (11 oz) package refrigerated breadsticks
3T butter

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Melt butter
3. Combine pecans, sugar, and cinnamon in mixing bowl and mix.
4. Unroll dough and separate into 8 strips.
5. Dip strips in butter and then coat with pecan mixture.
6. Roll dough up into spiral roll shape and place in greased baking dish.
7. Sprinkle any leftover pecan mixture over top of rolls.
8. Bake 20-25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment